In 1905, the very first cremation was carried out at our Springvale Botanical Cemetery. Over 110 years later we handle more than half of all cremations in our state.
We're not only experts in cremations: we're also a not-for-profit, which means we're motivated by service - not profits. We offer Cremation Certificates because we know how stressful planning a funeral can be. By clearly stating your wishes to be cremated in Victoria, you will protect your family from the emotional and financial traps that can come with funeral planning.
Two beautiful crematory locations
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) runs some of the oldest and most well-known memorial parks and cemeteries in Victoria (like the Melbourne General Cemetery), with two crematoria located in Melbourne:
- Bunurong Memorial Park - a timeless and transformational landscape that will change your thinking about memorial parks forever.
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery - referred to by Victorians as Australia’s most beautiful cemetery, with an abundance of landscaped gardens, towering trees, striking water features and over 29,500 roses.
We can also help plan how you want to be remembered and host a service at any of our locations all across Melbourne.
Speak to us on 1300 776 073 or fill out our make an enquiry form to find out how we can help guide you through:
- The first steps with our Customer Care Consultants.
- Locating a space for a memorial service.
- Choosing a location for your permanent memorial.